A grazing board or party platter is all the rage nowadays. But creating a pleasing centrepiece that everyone will enjoy (that doesn’t take all day!) is not as straightforward as it seems. Here are some pointers so ANYONE can build a beautiful spread that will satisfy guests!
- Colour – don’t shy away from colour and add lots of fruits and veg (just group the colours together so it’s more platter and less splatter)
- Have a theme in mind before you start throwing meat and strawberries on the tray – have a vague plan for where each colour is going be when you're done.
- Shapes – like any piece of artwork, create shapes and patterns using foods you can slice like cheese or fruit or by arranging crackers
- Just add pastry – include some filling bits to make sure guests don’t go hungry (cue sausage rolls, veggie rolls and pork pies! Our picnic selection is a great addition to a sharing board)
- You can never have enough cheese 🧀 if in doubt, add some more!
- Mind the gap – fill any gaps with itty bitty foods like nuts, olives and berries 🍓
- Flower power / greenery – just pop a few small flowers or greenery on top for the finishing touch to make any old assembly beautiful!