The American food industry is a bit bonkers really – here are a few facts to prove our point that are bound to baffle!
- In America alone, 50 billion burgers are eaten in one single year!
- If all the hamburgers eaten by Americans in a year are arranged in a straight line, it would circle our earth 32 times 🌎
- 20% of all American meals are eaten in the car 🚗
- At least 1 in 4 people eat some type of fast food every day
- Meals at desks make up 40% of Americans’ lives
- Americans only spend 30 minutes each day in the kitchen cooking on average
- The American food industry generates approximately one trillion dollars a year!
What has any of this got to do with anything?
Our latest pie recipes for banging limited-edition pies pay homage to dishes you’d find on an American Diner menu. Chow down on some whacky and wonderful pies inspired by some truly classic meals from the land of stars and stripes. Let us introduce you to a bunch of pies you need to try!
Cheeseburger pie 🍔
Now, you may be thinking… “A burger in a pie?!” But hear us out! Cheddar cheese sandwiched between two beef patties, with homemade ketchup and a slice of gherkin, wrapped up in our delicious, seeded pastry!
“We nicked this idea whilst on our EYE S-PIE trip to Australia … they LOVE pies down there!” Simon says. Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it!
Steak & Cheese Pie
Steak and cheese in a pie… need we say any more? This one is inspired by the Philly cheesesteak – if you're not familiar with it... essentially a sandwich jam-packed with steak and cheese!
Mac & Cheese Pie
Pasta in a pie, you must be kidding?! No! This ludicrous carb-loading combination provides the ultimate comfort factor and just tastes so right! Creamy pasta with a few bits of bacon and cherry tomatoes, a hint of nutmeg and oodles of cheese stuffed into our shortcrust pastry.
And what’s an American meal without a dessert? It’s just the occasion to bring back our scrumptious sweet cherry pie! 🍒 We've also chucked some brownies into our American Pies Box, you're welcome!
If you’re intrigued, we recommend you 🎶 buy, buy our American pies 🎶 in the limited-edition American Pies Box or as individuals (apart from the Cherry Pie) while stocks last 😜