With the weather now looking like summer is finally here…(well it’s making an effort) What better time than now, to grab your chance at some alfresco eating and enjoy a great British picnic.😋
It really doesn't matter where you choose to picnic, pack up a blanket, tablecloth or even a few old jumpers, just so you’ve got something to sit on.
Park, beach, garden, moors...if it rains - the car is just fine too! And if the weather doesn’t want to cooperate, an inside picnic can be a great substitute. Just spread a blanket out on the floor and enjoy a simple meal!
Sausage rolls and pork pies are part of the Great British picnic. Our Chunki sausage rolls are ideal for anyone, perfect to cut into 3 or 4 for little people. Made with real sausage meat and sulphite free, wrapped in our buttery, ruff puff pastry, so you can be sure your feeding the family real food!
Our pork pies (we call them our Squealers😉) are the real deal too! Proper hot water pastry, great British pork meat, subtle seasoned a real delight, serve it with a dollop of your favourite chutney.
What to take? Well that’s where we can help, as we’ve got two totally awesome collections to help you pack the ultimate picnic. Something for everyone….
With International Picnic Day just around the corner (Friday June 18th) it’s the perfect time to get that picnic basket ready and celebrate International Picnic Day.
Traditional Picnic Selection:
2 x Steak Pasties | 2 x Original Chunki Sausage Rolls | 3 x Squealer Pork Pies | 2 x Ploughman's Pasties | 2 x Homity Pies
or The Veggie/Vegan Selection
2 x Chunki Roast Veg Pasties (Vegan) | 3 x Spinach, Squash & Goats Cheese Rolls | 2 x Cheatin’ Cheeze Pasties (Vegan) | 2 x Vegan Ploughman's Pasties (Vegan) | 2 x Homity Pies
If you need a little inspiration for where to go for your picnic, here's 20 to choose from...all Devon of course!
- Instow Beach, near Barnstaple, North Devon. There’s free short stay parking along the seafront and two car parks at either end of the beach for longer stays, postcode EX39 4JA
- Wistlandpound Reservoir, South Molton, North Devon. Pay and display car park next to the lake, postcode EX31 4SL.
- Beer Head, East Devon. Pay and display car park on a field by Beer Head Caravan Park, postcode EX12 3AQ.
- Budleigh Salterton, nr Exeter, East Devon. Large pay and display car park next to the beach and River Otter. Postcode EX9 6JD
- Hennock Reservoirs, North East Dartmoor. Pay and display car park to the south of Trenchford Reservoir, nearest postcode TQ13 9NX.
- Spitchwick, River Dart, South East Dartmoor. Free parking at Newbridge or alongside the narrow lane that runs past Spitchwick common, nearest postcode TQ13 7NT.
- Postbridge, Central Dartmoor. Pay and Display in the National Park visitors car park or over the road in Bellever Woods – postcode - PL20 6SY.
- Burrator Reservoir, Dartmoor. Parking is possible at various locations around the lake including the Quarry car park, Norsworthy Bridge and the Dam. Nearest postcode PL20 6PE.
- Cockington, Torquay, South Devon. There’s a couple of medium size pay and display car parks in Cockington village, postcode TQ2 6XB.
- Berry Head Hill Fort, nr Brixham, English Riviera. Park at the Berry Head Visitor Centre, postcode TQ5 9AP.
- Mill Bay, South Hams. Large car park next to the beach although this can become full if you are late arriving on popular days, postcode TQ8 8PU.
- Bigbury-on-Sea, nr Salcombe, South Devon. There’s a large pay and display car park located above the beach. Postcode TQ7 4AS.